- provides management, design, business analysis and technical skills. With many years of experience working for a number of large corporate clients on a range of projects, Ability Engineering brings a professional, high quality approach to all engagements.
- is a Sparx Systems Authorised Trainer and Value Added Reseller of Enterprise Architect, the UML modelling tool of choice for thousands of organisations, government bodies and standards organisations worldwide.
- supports Enterprise Architect users with high quality Enterprise Architect approved Extensions:
Communication is essential for success in every part of business. And as time scales get shorter and the margin for error reduces, the team that can rapidly and accurately communicate what they know will have a competitive advantage. The right tools used by the right people with the right data can transform project and programme delivery.
Typical organisations, in many industry sectors, have centres of excellence (we call them silos) where great work is done, but sharing that information across different departments or teams is usually painful. The information needs to be re-formatted between functions, maybe with the addition of new data, so duplicate (but subtly different) versions of the data are created as the information 'matures'. Across a number of disciplines the various sources of data start to multiply... projects develop... change requests are introduced... business cases are challenged, and eventually the multiple versions of the truth become unmanageable.
And the result? Errors creep in, inconsistent information and assumptions are used and then rework is required. Leading to delays, increased costs and poor quality.
Our Experience with Enterprise Architect
Using Enterprise Architect, organisations can reverse this trend. EA provides a location where several teams can have a single repository for all project data, rather than each team creating a new set of data (with overlaps, duplicates and/or contradictions) for each new report or piece of analysis.
Adding Model Expert to EA delivers a new level of quality to models, as distributed teams can be sure of modelling consistently so that their model can be understood and re-used throughout the organisation.
With the addition of eaDocX: document excellence it is easy and quick to create focussed documents that are formatted precisely to suit any and every audience. And with eaDocX: document collaboration those documents can be published online to be viewed on any web enabled device. In this way, EA model data can be shared with all stakeholders: other teams, management, suppliers and customers, for interactive reviews, approvals and compliance.
New for 2017:
Prolaborate: Professional Model Collaboration transforms how EA users build and share their models and delivers for the first time, high quality stakeholder engagement across all parts of hte business.
How We Can Help You
Implementation of EA, Model Expert and eaDocX can transform your business - helping to deliver quality and speed at reduced costs.
To make this happen in your organisation, Ability Engineering has created the Model Driven Delivery (MDD) Framework. Through the implementation of tools and skills, with training and consultant support, Model Driven Delivery (MDD) equips your team to maximise the benefits of your investment in Enterprise Architect.
It consists of various activities that can be tailored to your requirements, consisting of:
- A range of EA, Prolaborate, Model Expert and eaDocX Support, from contracts for the provision of talent, through consulting or mentoring services, to 1-2-1 remote support on an ad-hoc basis.
- Delivery of UML, BPMN, EA, Prolaborate, Model Expert and eaDocX Training courses and workshops.